07 Jul Corn, Carrot, Coriander and Kraut Fritters
Corn, Carrot, Coriander and Kraut Fritters
- 400g can whole corn kernels (preferably no added sugar or salt)
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 2 Tbsp Be Nourished Sauerkraut (this one used Amala Curry)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, to fry
- Place half the tin of corn and all other ingredients, into a food processor and whiz to combine, until the corn is chopped into smaller pieces.
- Remove the blade and add the remaining corn (so you have some chunkier kernels).
- If mixture is too moist, add another 1/4 cup tapioca flour or as much as desired until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Heat a hot griddle or fry pan and place a tablespoon of good quality olive oil or coconut oil in the pan. Once melted, dollop the mixture into 8-10cm circles in the fry pan and cook for 1 minutes each side. Repeat until all the mixture is cooked.
- Serve hot with avocado and bacon, or cool and place in lunch boxes the next day! We also recommend you add another dollop of Kraut on top before serving - yum!